From pre-treatment to outgrowth... To enjoy your flowers a lot longer !
What should you believe these days?
Should you put a copper coin, aspirin or sugar cube in the vase? Or do you think that a tonic will save your bouquet? Mix that tonic with some lovely gin and enjoy that yourself instead!
We have 8 care tips that really work and they will allow you to enjoy your vase of flowers for plenty of time to come.
- Our packaging is specially designed to provide the necessary level of protection, but once at their destination you are best advised to take the flowers straight out of the packaging.
- Cut at an angle using a sharp knife so that the stem has a large, unfrayed edge to allow it to drink properly. Do not use scissors or cutters, as they flatten the stem.
- Clean the vase using soap and bleach water to kill any lingering bacteria and rinse with clean water.
- Fill the vase with a small amount of clean, cold water (around 3 to 4 centimetres). The larger the amount of water, the quicker the bacteria will get to the top.
- Give the correct dose of cut flower food. This will help prevent bacteria formation in the stem and your flowers will receive the correct balance of nutrition.
- Regularly refresh with cold water and cut your flowers back.
- Avoid sunlight and the presence of fruit and draughts.
- Do not use any zinc containers. Zinc will poison your flowers when combined with water.